Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

God's Presence


I am reading Scott Hahns book 'Signs of Life' and its jogged my memory about an important area of everyday life.

As a poor sinner I am acutely aware that I have to improve the condition of my soul through undertaking God's will and asking him for forgiveness. A key to avoiding temptations and living according to his will is living constantly in his presence. I have been aware for a couple of years how important this is and I continue to try and cultivate an unfailing awareness of his presence every minute of the day. This is a difficult habit to get in to and there are so many things in our lives that pull us away from the awareness of his presence. From TV to getting bogged down in work, it all distracts us from the awareness we should have and indeed, need.

I do believe, however, that this consistent awareness is possible to achieve and even at those times in work or when you undertake a consuming activity, we can still know that God is watching us and taking care of us. The more we feel God's presence, the more his work, through the Holy Spirit, becomes obvious to us. We can see the times when he helps us or when we are about to fall into temptation and knowing his presence pulls us back in to his radiance so that we can resist our sinful natures.

I will be continually working on feeling his presence just as the Saints did and hope that this will improve my Spiritual life.

In God's Love

SSG

No comments:

Post a Comment