Total Pageviews

Monday, 31 October 2011

Humility in Sin

Over the past few days I have become aware of a great humility that comes from sin. I don't think it means I am the most humble person that ever lived but thankfully its a natural humility that I recognise in the time after a sin is committed. An awareness of my failings makes them hurt me very much and it comes from turning away from God and knowing you have disappointed him.

Thankfully we have confession which is always needed. A good friend said to me tonight as words of comfort 'with the same old sins comes the same old forgiveness'. Obviously this isn't belittling God's ability to forgive as this is a supernatural gift beyond my understanding but I am amazingly grateful that our God is a merciful one. After sin I can recognize we turn away from God, but we need to turn back to him as soon as possible and admit our failings.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me, a poor sinner.

In God's Love

SSG

No comments:

Post a Comment