Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

The Weekend

The weekend started in a brilliant way. First on my agenda was a trip to see my spiritual director on Saturday morning. While Barnsley was still sleeping, I was making my way to Bradford to attend Mass, confession and then to see my SD. No better way to start the weekend.

After this I was in a rush to get back to Scunthorpe to play football, which turned out to be a nightmare.

We played against a team who really had no idea how to control their tongues. They are admittedly a better team than we are but they paid the price for a complete lack of discipline. I feel really sorry for the referee who is a really nice and honest gentleman but was told, in many different languages, where to go. He thankfully stood strong and sent the guys off that were swearing at him and threatening him. He told me after that one of the team had put his clothes in the sink and filled it with water and another had threatened to find out where he lived and hunt him down.

Now sometimes I can relate to a bit of passion boiling over in football but this team took it too far and I was ashamed to be playing in that match. Thank fully we won 3-2.

I am going to pray for that referee as he deserves much better treatment and lets hope that the team we were playing against look back on it and regret their actions.

In God's Love

SSG

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! this blog is wonderful!
    We invite you to put the image of the Lady of All Peoples in your blog!
    Welcome to: www.virgemdeguadalupe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete