Total Pageviews

Sunday, 20 November 2011

Whitby & Weekend

We share everything in our family, even a cold.

Now I actually like having a cold, which I know will sound strange but it makes me feel festive. Evelyn on the other hand doesn't like her first cold and is a little unsettled but still really good.

Unfortunately we had to miss our friend's babie's baptism's and I was really disappointed. I will say the rosary for them this week and hope that they grow up in God's love and become Saints. They have a good start if their parents are anything to go on.

We came back on Friday after spending a few days in Whitby which were brilliant. I visited St Hilda's church which doesn't seem to have changed since I was around 10. The weather stayed pretty good as well and lot's of amazing childhood memories came flooding into my mind as they always do when I visit Whitby. We are due to visit again in a couple of weeks for my Mum's birthday and I am already looking forward to that.

We visited a good friend Friday night, Father Wade who has been moved to St Bernadette's in Scunthorpe and it was great to see him after so long. He is a very kind man who is an excellent priest. The parishioner's in his parish are very lucky to have him.


In God's Love

SSG

1 comment:

  1. The baptism was awesome! Missed you guys, especially Evelyn (you are all great but I do have my favorite). After her baptism my God-daughter slept in my arms through the rest of Holy Mass with angelic serenity. I knew that I was holding the greatest treasure on earth. Hallelujah! See you guys soon. God bless

    ReplyDelete