Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Lent Reading

My Spiritual director has given a book to read during lent which is aimed at progressing me spiritually.

As we are at the beginning of lent, I have only just started the book and really find structure and content useful. It has real challenges within its pages to create a closer union with God. The book is called 'The Spiritual Combat' and has practical explanations and tips at achieving something spiritually deeper that God wants from us.

It's really easy to drift along and go to church every Sunday being a 'minimal effort' Catholic. I have experienced this in my life but have decided that it is not something that can be taken lightly. I have to improve my relationship with the holy trinity and I will show God my wants and needs and the rest is up to him. I hope he offers me his graces and that, if he does, I can see them clearly.

I am also reading my walk with me book which I always find a useful and accessible tool every lent/advent.

I would be really interested to hear what other people are doing for lent to prepare for Easter and hope that we are all going to deepen our relationship with Jesus.

Just a week to go to the SPUC youth conference and I am getting a little worried about last minute preps but please pray for us that it runs smoothly and invigorates the attendees into action.

In God's Love

SSG

No comments:

Post a Comment