Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Preperation For Lent

Wow, time is going so fast. Lent is not far away and I find myself in need of this time of prayer and fasting to direct my eyes towards heaven.

What should I do to come closer to the holy trinity?

I find myself struggling over the last couple of months to hear the messages from Jesus and feel very spiritually dry. Now in my own mind I say 'either I have offended Jesus too much and he has turned his back on me' which I know he would never do, or, 'I am going through a time that will ultimately bring me closer too him'. I don't feel him answering me and I don't feel compelled to pray, but I continue to do so. At this time I can only throw myself to the ground in front of the blessed sacrament and pray that I am on the right path.

Throughout lent I can hopefully receive some comfort from the holy spirit and feel God's loving arms around me. I need to think of a strict routine of prayer, fasting and charity and stick to it with a strong fervour. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear from them.

Hopefully everyone else is thinking of lent and I ask you to pray for me that I come closer to God through this season.

Praise be to Jesus, both now and forever!!!!


In God's Love


SSG

1 comment:

  1. I just read this, it may help. God bless

    http://fallibleblogma.com/index.php/dare-to-make-this-a-radical-lent/

    ReplyDelete