Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Approaching Holy Week

We are fast approaching holy week and, as mentioned before, I have been reading a book called ' The Spiritual Combat' which is crammed full of practical tips and advice to help deepen the spiritual life. Has it worked? I don't know and I am happy not to know. I don't want to fall into the trap of feeling that I have progressed well and I am on the way to becoming a Saint. I pray that I will be a Saint but there is always so much more we can do to improve ourselves in the eyes of God. This book will require many more perusals.

I have also halved my alcohol intake which has been a little bit of a challenge at times and I think I may have gone a tiny bit over on two occasions but on the whole I have had to say 'no' to my own wants, on many occasions. Over the past few days of fine weather this has been particularly difficult, especially with a few bottles of Kronenbourg staring at me every time I open the fridge.

I look forward now to holy week and a week of abstaining from alcohol and many other of life's pleasures in order to deepen my relationship with Jesus. At this time of year more than any other I am so grateful that I have my faith and the Catholic church to guide me. I pray at this time that other Catholics have strengthened their relationship with the Lord.

Without Jesus and his church I would be nothing, my life would be nothing.

In God's Love

SSG

No comments:

Post a Comment