Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

The Evils of Addiction

I heard Paul Merson do an after dinner speech recently. The contents of his speech made me think about addictions which I have suffered from in the past. They are obviously a powerful tool that the devil has in his locker but one that can be overcome.

Drugs, drink, gambling and sexual addiction are all really destroying addictions which can pull the soul right down to really dark depths and I have experienced these in some way or another. Once in the addiction it was really hard to get out and after trying many methods the only one that worked involved turning to God. God can burn away these addictions, but it does take patience which unfortunately I don't have a lot of. After slipping back into addiction time and time again I always felt the comforting hand of Jesus when I turned back to him. God always waits for us to look back at him and he always opens his arms to us when we sincerely repent and confess.

Thank fully I can see the light at the end of this really long tunnel which sometimes feels like its a well that I couldn't get out of. I can never rest and always have to look out for attacks from enemy but rest assured, anybody who suffers from an addiction can overcome it but only with the help of Jesus Christ our Lord who has already beaten sin into the ground so that we don't have to be slaves to it.

Praise be to our glorious God!!!!!!!

In God's Love

SSG




1 comment: